"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's myyyyy car, and IIIII like it!

To all you readers out there I am no longer a bus riding invalid! This weekend through the help of my favorite mechanics (Padre and Brandon), my support team (mom and bekah) and my amazing grandma who takes great care of me, I purchased the sweetest grandma car you have ever met! As my grandma keeps telling me "She only drove it to Elwood, Kents and to mass every week." That explains why it is a 15 year old car with only 65000 miles on it (I know, I am pretty excited.) The only thing not stereotypical is the color. My Grandpa put it well when he said "Don't try robbing a bank with that car, they will catch you for sure!" I like the hippy-ish color and Brandon says it fits me so.... IIIII like it! The amazing lady that I bought it from is a long time family friend who totally rocked the intense color, so I plan to do that same! The pictures don't to the intensity justice at all! Also, I was pretty excited that the color of my new car matched my toenails and if you know me you know that I just had to take a picture. Sarah suggested I get a bumper sticker that says "Don't judge, I got a good deal and I like it, so BACK OFF!" Actually, finding this car was a real blessing. WOW! (P.S. If you don't understand the title you must read the book "Stephanie's Ponytail" by Robert Munsch)

The other highlight of this weekend was meeting Brandon's new little nephew. He is the cutest lil guy you have ever seen! I was very grateful that his amazing Mommy and Daddy let me hog him for most of the visit. Though Uncle Brandon did get his turn holding the lil guy. He made sure the seal his spot as favorite uncle by helping the lil' tike use his voice and muscles. Brandon is so funny with babies! It is amazing to feel the sweet tender spirit of a newborn and I didn't want to leave. Thanks for sharing your sweet little one Matt and Kimee!

2 comments:

Bairds said...

I love it, it's perfect for you!! And the color is hot. Scott and I are coming down over conference weekend and would love to see you guys!

Jess said...

Shut up. You seriously got a car that matched your TOENAILS?!! HAHA, I love it!(And I even love it more that you took a picture of your cute toenails with the car). Oh my goodness, Brandon is right, that definitely fits you. But I'm so excited you have a CAR! Fabulous-o April. :) Love you!