"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I wish that I would remember to read this chapter each month for the rest of my teaching career. I felt that it was so realistic and empowering! I loved how it simply summed up the main method that we have been learning in the bullets at the beginning. I hope that I can remember to be aware of the points on that list because I know that is what my students deserve. I also really enjoyed how the rest of the chapter basically told it like it is. Teaching is going to be hard and there are going to be students that you have a hard time with. Integrating differentiation perfectly all the time may not be feasible, but it is worth the effort it takes to try. We, as teachers have the opportunity to and an obligation to give each student what they need, though this may not always be completely possible, it remains our obligation and quest!