"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oct. 29

One thing that I am kinda bugged about is that when I was in elementary school I did not witness a lot of differentiation. Sometimes I fear that because strait direct instruction or drill and kill was what I am most familiar with, those methods will be what I fall back on. I recognize the huge importance of differentiation and i will strive to make a conscious effort to do it. I just wish that i could have seen more examples of this amazing teaching practice in my own elementary school experience.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

You are SO right about the "danger of default" -- falling back on what you know the best. Most teachers do that. It WILL take a conscious effort to differentiate. My hope is that when it's YOUR class, and YOU are the "prince needing to tame the fox", that you will be able to propel yourself to what you know will make a difference in their lives. You go, girl! 4points