"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Watch out Sir Topum Hat!





A couple weeks ago due to the generosity of my amazing father we were able to take a trip on the Heber Creeper. SO MUCH FUN!

We chose to go on the sunset bbq train ride, which was exactly as romantic as it sounds. (p.s. if you have a light stomach for sickly sap please turn back now.) We took some fun pictures and boarded the 1940's locomotive for our trip. The train took us around the back side of Deer Creek Reservoir, then stopped at a little platform where a fun country band and delicious dutch oven dinner were waiting for us. AMAZING! The only down side to this part of the trip was that as much as we loved the reservoir the mosquito love it more. There were defiantly there for the party. Though multiple people freely offered bug repellent, being the stupid stubborn that i am refused to let my dear sweet Brandon get me any. Though he begged and pleaded. Don't you fret, I got what I deserved, 19 bites on one foot alone. Yup, my ankles disappeared for a few days. Stupid, stupid !

The ride back to the station was probably my favorite part. Brandon and I found a little nook between the cars were we could stand and watch the beautiful scenery pass. It was incredible to view the gorgeous creations The Lord has blessed me with while in the arms of another one of the largest blessings that has ever entered my life. WOW, I am so amazingly blessed!

1 comment:

Jess said...

April!! *gasp* YOU UPDATED YOUR BLOG!! Oh my goodness, I think I'm gonna have a heart attack from excitement. That's so much fun you got to go on the Heber Creeper!! I've always wanted to do that, but yesh, the moolah. Thank you so much for the little update, I absolutely love to hear about your life (but really). :) You are absolutely wonderful, I love you so much April Marie. Say hi to the Brandon for me!