"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Break and Halloween!


Do you ever feel like even though there is nothing really going on, you are super busy? welp, that has been life lately. I am convinced that the school districts invented fall break so teachers don't go crazy! Our fall break we pretty planned out, and a blast! Thursday we went to Midway with Brandon's family. I ted at football (ha ha), we visited the crater and ate the best hot dog I have ever had in my life! It was a lot of fun just to play with Brandon's family.

Holidays are so much more fun with family. This year we played with my family the week before Halloween and spent the day with Brandon's family. My family puts on a annual party complete with all the traditional games. I think the best part was watching Brandon's competitive side come out and almost take down my uncle or get clobbered by a powdered doughnut. With Brandon's family we carved pumpkins and played some really fun games. Again, Brandon's competitive side is a blast to observe. He ted at musical pumpkins, creamed everyone at the toilet paper mummy game and randomly wrestled with this brother (pretty intense.) I love just hanging out and laughing with Brandon's family and my own. We are super blessed.
P.S. I haven't figured out how to cutely post pictures with captions and all that. In the pictures to the right grandma is showing off her "stroke pumpkin" and Brandon is just starting his masterpiece with sarah (Who calls herself the runner-up friend) in the background. To the left Grandpa is adding an extra challenge to Brandon's doughnut capture and we are showing off our Siamese twins, attached at the hip, tumor costume. oh, and the very top picture is of us in the crater.
Another amazing part about this holiday weekend was getting together with some of my favorite people. Thanks to Kaylee all the s got together for breakfast on Halloween. It was a fun to get together and quickly catch up. I love those s!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, sounds like you had a WAY fun weekend! So jealous, Kev and I were too busy to even dress up, all we did was carve pumpkins. Eh, you do what you can. ;) I love that you two dressed up as attached siamese twins... oh sheesh. LOVE YOU!

Bairds said...

We are Siamese if you please,
We are Siamese if you don't please...

I love that you are SIAMESE twins (I'm remembering walking from your house to mine tied up...)

And I love you and Brandon.
Did you take the pics at kneaders or was that Jess? I want to get a hold of those somehow.