"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Roo

I know that anyone who is crazy enough to read this blog is getting sick of me saying it, but I believe myself to be the most blessed one! One of the most incredible people I have ever met comes home from full time service in a week and I am caught reminiscing how amazing she is! For those of you who are fortunate enough to know this elite person you know exactly what I am talking about. I have had the privilege of knowing and learning from Roo for the past 12 years and I am so grateful for what she has taught me

She has an incredible zeal for life that is contagious! Even when she is having a hard time she never looses her positive outlook and still inspires those around her to find the beauty and joy that is constantly around them. She honestly brightens up every environment or situation she is placed in. Along with this, she has a gift to make everyone she is around feel accepted and loved. I have sat back and observed her many times change someone who is apparently shy and self confidence into someone who is bursting with the knowledge that they are accepted and appreciated within minutes. I have had the pleasure of benefiting from this gift many many times in my life and believe that i am in part the person i am today because I had people like Roo supporting and encouraging me.

Roo also is the definition of "pliable in His hands" I have been amazed by the way she has allowed The Lord to mold and direct her. As sad as I was when she told me she was going on a mission I knew that she had received the revelation necessary and that she had people to influence and things to learn in Missouri. This great faith has been something that Roo has lived the entire time I have known her (and I believe her entire life.) I have learned so much from her stalwart example of faith and diligence.

She lives and loves the way The Savior intended and I hope to continue to learn and grow from the fantastic example that this angel has set in my life. I love my Roo. I believe that The Lord has blessed me to be in the presence of some of his most elite spirits. Many I have known for years, like Roo, and they have inspired me and influeced me to become who I am today. Others are recent additions to my world and have also taught me so much that I could not have discovered on my own. I am so grateful for the strength I gain from them and the love I feel for them. Thank You all!

2 comments:

Bairds said...

This post was perfect! Can't wait for to see her! (and you)

Unknown said...

Good. I'm not the only one going around telling everyone (in my trying-very-hard-to-not-be-too-excited voice)that she will be home in a week. AWEEK!!!