"Live each day as if it held the potential for greatness"

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ordinary Miracles


The other day I was driving to work and the song "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum came on the radio. If you haven't really listened to this song you are really missing out (watching the dramatic music video is even better!) Sitting there in my neon green zebra striped car I bawled at how The Lord had once again tried to tell me how I need to re-evaluate my perspective.
Lately due to all the major opportunities that are staring me in the face and how terrifying yet incredible they are, I have buried something that is so important, perspective.
My perspective has been so introverted lately that I have missed the amazing miracles that are happening all around me. The moments and scenes in my world that are gentle hints that I am loved and am being constantly cared for. I have been carefully reminded of this important key to happiness and want to slow down and simplify like and "find reason for rejoicing" like Pres. Uchtdorf suggests.
Here are a few miracle moments that I have had the past few days:
  • An amazing child opened her eyes wide and smiled when I called her name.
  • Only the tips of pink mountains peeking through the clouds.
  • My BFF sister and friend wanting to talk to me.
  • Giving someone advice on how to hold a s hand.
  • Cute deer footprints in my front yard.
  • Sending my best friend out on the adventure of a lifetime, having the opportunity to pray for her.
  • Whistling at wal-mart and receiving a sweet smile from a stranger.
  • A determined seagull flying into the wind.
  • Having my best friend in the entire world be so excited to see me he can't stop giggling and staring at me.
It is incredible how much out there bares testimony of divine love and care, if you are looking for it. There are so many people around me who have such clear perspectives I am inspired to be more like them. I am blown away by how blessed I am and how much true joy is in my world, sometime I just have to remind myself to look. P.s. The title of this post comes from another very inspiring song called "Ordinary Miracle" by Sara McLachlan

1 comment:

Bairds said...

You make me want to be a better person. The end.